The Pride of Multiple District 410
Lions BrightSight provides corrective spectacles to the underprivileged people throughout the Republic of South Africa as well as the neighbouring states.
Since its inception in July 1978, thousands of spectacles have been distributed to people, bringing smiles to the faces of senior citizens, children and indigents. Without the help of Lions Clubs and Lions Brightsight, they would have gone through life with impaired vision.
To receive prescriptions from Lions Clubs, Provincial Hospitals, Optometric Clinics, and various other organisations and to process these scripts at low cost using new and pre-owned frames that are in excellent condition fitted, with new prescription lenses.
Control & Management
Control of Lions BrightSight is in the hands of the Governing Body consisting of the Council of Governors of Multiple District 410.
Current Management Committee (2021/2022)
- PDG Pierre Theron – Chairman
- PCC Cliff Hocking – Vice Chairman
- PDG Malcolm Johnston – Treasurer
- 2nd VDG Lindie van Wyk – Secretary
- DC Peter Daniel – Western Cape Sub-Committee Chairman
- Lion Tony Marron – KwaZulu-Natal Sub-Committee Chairman
- PDG Roy Michas
- Lion Donovan Henri
- Lion Rochelle McDonald
The management committee can be reached via our Contact Us page
- Kirsty-Anne Mackenzie – Operations Manager
- Angie Tshabalala – Clerk & Technical Assistant
The office team can be reached via our Contact Us page